Sunday 22 October 2023

Icebreak Escape Rooms - Vanishing, X-Case and Silent Reviews (Sydney)

 

Hi all

Back in June 2022, some fellow enthusiasts and I met up in the city to play all 3 rooms at Icebreak Escape Rooms.  I played the first 2 rooms, Vanishing and X-Case with 2 other enthusiasts and then for the final room, 3 other enthusiasts joined us for a total team of 6 players for Silent. 

These 3 rooms were my 211th, 212th and 213th rooms respectively.  My thoughts on all 3 rooms were actually pretty consistent, so that I thought I would take a shortcut and review all 3 rooms together.

Here’s what I thought of Vanishing, X-Case and Silent at Icebreak Escape Rooms:

·         a consistent comment across all 3 experiences was that the backstories were all pretty weak (and weren’t easy to follow). The games themselves each felt like they had been purchased from a catalogue, rather than lovingly designed;

·         of the 3 rooms, I thought that Vanishing was the best room.  It had interesting puzzles and a good flow.  In X-Case, there were some pretty significant safety concerns with parts of their rooms (we had no issues, but I can imagine others could really hurt themselves).  We didn’t have any safety concerns in Silent, but I thought that was the most forgettable of all 3 rooms;

·         as far as the theming goes, none of the rooms are designed for families.  That being said, Vanished is not scary and could be played by families – Silent would definitely be too scary for my kids (and given the safety concerns in X-Case, I would steer clear of taking kids to that one); and

·         with current pricing between $49 and $58 per player (assuming a team of 4), I just don’t see the value here (at all).  That kind of pricing is up there with the better (and more deserving) rooms in Sydney.

The game masters were lovely throughout the experience and (particularly in Vanishing) we had a good time, but overall the rooms at Icebreak are not on par with many other great escape room businesses in Sydney.

Where:                       Icebreak Escape Rooms

Duration:                    60 minutes

Themes:                     3 rooms

Cost:                           $49-58 per person (assuming 4 players)

Overall Rating:           Rooms that are not on par with their competition

More details:              https://www.icebreakescaperoom.com/

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment