Tuesday 19 March 2024

Quest Room Brisbane - Review of 5 Rooms

 

Hi all

The final escape room outfit that we checked out on our 3 days of escape room madness in Brisbane in November 2023 was Quest Room.  They are based in Spring Hill, which is a very short distance from the Brisbane CBD. 

We played 5 rooms at Quest Room pretty much back to back.  Our game master for the day was Lex, who stayed in character throughout the whole day (except when I made him laugh a few times 😉).

Here is what we thought of the rooms at Quest Room:

Darkness (Room 257)

This was a really interesting room.  I had never before played a completely dark room, although I have played rooms that had small sections of blackness.  It meant of course that we had to really focus on our other senses to escape the room.  I was surprised that our team of 4 didn’t bump into each other too often and nobody hurt themselves. We really struggled with one smelling puzzle (as I always have because I find artificial scents to be really difficult to identify, and once you have one smell in your nostrils, all bets are off).  We enjoyed this unique experience, which was very simple and escaped in 27 minutes (of a possible 60 minutes).

Sherlocked (Room 258)

This was probably my favourite room at Quest. Friends of mine had recommended this room and I can easily see why. The quality of the room was excellent – the theming and props were all beautifully done, the puzzles were also interesting and fun to solve and we really felt immersed in the set.  We managed to blitz through this room and escaped in 24 minutes (of a possible 60 minutes) and broke the room record.

Heist (Room 259)

We thought this was the hardest room at Quest Room (or at least it was for our team).  We managed to escape in 45 minutes (of a possible 60 minutes). I thought there were some interesting puzzles in Heist, but there were also some puzzles that had us really scratching our heads.  I have spoken with other enthusiasts who have separately played Heist and they both got stuck on the same puzzle.  The theming in Heist was solid but simple (and I appreciate there’s only so much you can do with an office-themed room).  It was a solid room but probably my least favourite over all at Quest Room.

Steampunk (Room 260)

This is by far the biggest room at Quest Room.  There are a lot of puzzles to get through, ranging from some hunt and seek (and attention to detail) puzzles, through to some dexterity and other really beautiful puzzles.  I always like a good steampunk theme and I thought this room was beautifully done.  I am pretty sure this room exists elsewhere in the world (as I recall a fellow escape room enthusiast friend telling me that they had played this room elsewhere, I think in Europe?).  So if you have played any Steampunk rooms in Europe, you might want to double check with Quest Room before playing this one. We escaped Steampunk in 45 minutes (of a possible 90 minutes) and had a great time.

Flying Dutchman (Room 261)

I thought the theming of this room was excellent - easily one of the best themed pirate rooms I had played to date. The set design and props were all brilliant and the level of immersion was very high.  The puzzles were all on the easier end (and I suspect this room would be really popular with kids for birthday parties or with families).  We escaped this room in 21 minutes (of a possible 60 minutes) and broke the room record.

Final thoughts

We really enjoyed the rooms at Quest Room and it was great to finish our long weekend on a high.  I thought Sherlocked was their best room for enthusiasts, Flying Dutchman their best family-friendly room and Steampunk their best bigger room for larger groups. Lex was an excellent host and ensured that we had a great time over the 6+ hours that we were there.

Thanks

Quester Scott


Where:                        Ground floor, 56 Little Edward Street, Spring Hill

Duration:                    60-90 mins

Themes:                      6 themes

Cost:                           $47.50 per person (assuming team of 4)

Overall Rating:           Some really beautifully-themed and fun rooms!

More details:              https://questroom.com.au   


No comments:

Post a Comment