They currently have two rooms, Dr Disaster and In Memoriam.
First off, I'll say what I enjoyed most about Dr Disaster at Enigma Room:
- it was fantastic. The room design is very clever and contains many different elements, both high tech and low tech;
- every single puzzle is well considered, well designed and works perfectly;
- the theming was fantastic - the props were all perfect, they made sense and really added to the overall feel of the room. Every single item in the room made sense - we really enjoyed how they had paid homage to various villains from movies, TV, video games, etc. We all really appreciated that there was so much attention to detail with the props and theme;
- the pre-escape room video is great and really got us in the mood for the escape;
- the use of a tablet for communicating and obtaining clues was also perfect;
- there were some puzzles that we had never seen before and which we all really liked - it's always nice to see something new and different; and
- the owners are very passionate about their rooms and it shows from the quality of the room. They also took the time out to show us every element of the room, the thinking behind the puzzle design, theming and various 'easter eggs' hidden throughout.
I have nothing negative to say about Dr Disaster.
Unfortunately for us, the puzzles were too good for us on the day. Although we did manage to escape with 4 seconds on the clock (technically we escaped!), we had to ask for lots of clues to get out in time. This was a shame (and completely our own fault in not being able to solve what were completely solvable puzzles). The real shame was that we had to rush through the last 10 minutes and didn't get a chance to stop and enjoy those last few puzzles - we instead were madly running around.
I personally think the puzzles are pretty tricky. I think first-timers would be pretty hard-pressed to escape this room (unless they ask for lots of clues). It might be best to warm up on some easier rooms (at other escape room outfits) before tackling this one - but you should definitely give it a go. It is an excellent room.
My group really enjoyed Dr Disaster and we all agreed it was a 5 out of 5 room.
Duration: 60 minutes
Themes: 2 themes
Cost: $35 each (4 players) (We got an opening special)
More details: http://enigmaroom.com.au/