Saturday 2 October 2021

The Escape Game - Unlocked: The Heist Vol 1 & 2 Review (Non Live)


Hi everyone

Some time back (late 2020), my daughter and I played the 2 Heist rooms at Online Escape Room.  These rooms are Non-Live rooms (ie no live avatar, play at home at your own pace).  

In both Volumes of Heist, you play the role of a special agent, fresh out of training, who is attempting to find an internationally-famous art thief. These games were our 147th and 148th rooms to date. 

I would describe Heist as a relatively simple game, with some interesting puzzles (but nothing ground breaking).  The games were not scary and were therefore suitable for my then 8 year old to play through with me.  

I think it took us about an hour or so to complete each Volume.  It was engaging and they used video cut scenes really well.

I'm not a huge fan of Non-Live rooms (as I prefer Live Avatar rooms when I'm playing online).  But the experience was fun and I suspect it would scratch the itch for those of us still in lockdown.  And the price is very reasonable.

Where:                         Virtual room (online)

Virtual Room Type:     Non Live

Duration:                     60-120 minutes (not limited)

Themes:                      3 themes 

Cost:                            $10 per theme (we played at the invitation of the owners)

Overall Rating:            Non-Live experience at the simpler end, but enjoyable

More details:                https://theescapegame.com/unlocked/#unlocked-missions




No comments:

Post a Comment